Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
It is unfortunately very true that, without leisure and money, love can be no more than an orgy of the common man. Instead of being a sudden impulse full of ardor and reverie, it becomes a distastefully utilitarian affair.Charles Baudelaire
- Rhymes: -əʊst
- A brag, a loud appraisal of oneself
- (squash) A shot where the ball is driven off a side wall and then strikes the front wall
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) An oath or toast made during a ritual in Heathenry.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Third person singular
- to brag; to talk loudly in praise of oneself
- (squash) To play a boast shot
to brag; to talk loudly in praise of oneself
Elsewhere on the web