Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Very simple ideas lie within the reach only of complex mindsRemy De Gourmont
See also Bodybuilder
- (bodybuilding): A person who uses diet and exercise to build an aesthetically muscular physique, in order to compete in bodybuilding.
- 1974 — Charles Gaines & George Butler, Pumping Iron: The Art and Sport of Bodybuilding, ch 2
- Because it is necessary for a muscle to rest while it grows and because of the importance of balanced development, most competitive bodybuilders train on a split routine; they work certain parts of the body one day and rest those muscles the next while they work the others, alternating like that six days a week.
- 1981 — Bill Dobkins & Ken Sprague, The Gold's Gym Weight Training Book
- Those who enter competitions of this type do use weights, but their goals are different. Weight lifters concentrate on the specific muscles they will need in competition more than on balanced overall development. Body builders want to build muscles for competition, as big and fully developed as possible.
- 1991 — Samuel Wilson Fussell, Muscle: Confessions of an Unlikely Bodybuilder, ch 4
- In the competitions, bodybuilders go through "mandatories"—a set of mandatory poses—in the morning, where the judges compare the body parts of the builders.
Elsewhere on the web