Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Every man's life is a fairy tale written by God's finger.Hans Christian Anderson
- (obsolete) A fortified town; a town or city.
- A town having a municipal corporation and certain traditional rights.
- An administrative district in some cities, e.g., London.
- An administrative unit of a city which, under most circumstances according to state or national law, would be considered a larger or more powerful entity; most commonly used in American English to define the five counties that make up New York City.
- Other similar administrative units in cities and states in various parts of the world.
- A district in Alaska having powers similar to a county.
Elsewhere on the web