Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Love is the extra effort we make in our dealings with those whom we do not like and once you understand that, you understand all. This idea that love overtakes you is nonsense. This is but a polite manifestation of sex. To love another you have to undertake some fragment of their destiny.Quentin Crisp
- chest, breast; the pectoral muscles and mammae of the human, especially the female human.
- Considered a polite way to refer to a woman's breasts.
- Means the chest collectively and cannot be used to refer to a single breast.
- Describes a very close relationship.
- bosom buddies
- Lieut. Creecy of the navy, who has been detailed to the aerial experiments at the fort, and who was a bosom companion of young Selfridge, was brokenhearted. -- Describing the death of Thomas Etholen Selfridge, first airplane fatality in history, in "Fatal fall of Wright airship", New York Times September 18th 1908
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Elsewhere on the web