Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Better to have loved a short man than never to have loved a tall.David Chambless
to brain (third-person singular simple present -, present participle -, simple past and past participle -)
- The control center of the central nervous system of an animal located in the skull which is responsible for perception, cognition, attention, memory, emotion, and action.
- An intelligent person.
- He was a total brain.
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) A person who provides the intelligence required for something.
- The brains behind the scheme
- (in plural brains) Intellect.
- He has a lot of brains.
- By analogy with a human brain, the part of a machine or computer that performs calculations.
- The computer's brain is capable of millions of calculations a second.
person providing intelligence
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
terms derived from brain (noun)
Third person singular
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) To strike (someone) on the head.
- (transitive) To kill (a person) by smashing that person's skull.
- For examples of the usage of this word see the citations page.
to strike on the head
to kill a person by smashing the skull
Elsewhere on the web