Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Happiness is understanding that friendship is more precious than mere things, more precious than getting your own way, more precious than being in situations where true principles are not at stake.J. Donald Walters
- Either of the two fleshy organs on the front of a woman's chest, which contain the mammary glands; also the analogous organs in men.
- Tanya's breasts grew alarmingly during pregnancy.
- The chest, or front of the human thorax.
- The Wedding-Guest here beat his breast,
- For he heard the loud bassoon.
- — Samuel Taylor Coleridge, The Rime of the Ancient Mariner
- A section of clothing covering the breast area.
- The figurative seat of the emotions, feelings etc.; one's heart or innermost thoughts.
- She kindled hope in the breast of all who heard her.
- The ventral portion of an animal's thorax.
- The robin has a red breast.
- A choice cut of poultry, especially chicken or turkey, taken from the bird’s breast.
- Would you like breast or wing?
section of clothing covering the breast area
seat of emotions
cut of poultry
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
Third person singular
- (transitive) To push against with the breast; to meet full on, to oppose, to face.
- He breasted the hill and saw the town before him.
to meet full on
Elsewhere on the web