Visit the forum if you have a language query!
- The state of being brothers or a brother.
- An association for any purpose, as a society of monks; a fraternity.
- The whole body of persons engaged in the same business, -- especially those of the same profession; as, the legal or medical brotherhood.
- Persons, and, poetically, things, of a like kind.
- A brotherhood of venerable trees. Wordsworth.
Part or all of this page has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
Elsewhere on the web