Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Some people seem to go through life standing at the complaint counter.Fred Propp Jr.
- (uncountable) a variety of brown to red-brown sandstone once popular as a building material
- (countable) a row house built of brownstone, especially in New York City
- We tried to buy a Brooklyn brownstone that needed some work, but couldn't make the down payment.
- 1979, Talking Heads, Life During Wartime,
- Lived in a brownstone, lived in the ghetto, I’ve lived all over this town.
- French: grés brun
Elsewhere on the web