Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
To live is to go on a journey; to die is to come back home.Source Unknown
- A container made of rigid material, often with a handle, used to carry liquids or small items.
- I need a bucket to carry the water from the well.
- The amount held in this container.
- The horse drank a whole bucket of water.
- Part of a piece of machinery that resembles a bucket.
- (slang) An old car that is not in good working order.
- (basketball, Template loop detected: Template:context 1) The basket.
- The forward drove to the bucket.
- (basketball, Template loop detected: Template:context 1) A field goal.
- We can't keep giving up easy buckets.
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) A mechanism for avoiding the allocation of targets in cases of mismanagement.
- (computing) A storage space in a hash table for every item sharing a particular key.
- bucket brigade
- bucket drive
- bucket of bolts
- bucket seat
- bucket shop
- kick the bucket
amount held in this container
part of piece of machinery
Third person singular
- (transitive) To place inside a bucket.
- (intransitive) (informal) To rain heavily.
- It’s really bucketing down out there.
- (intransitive) (informal) To travel very quickly.
- The boat is bucketing along.
- (rain heavily): chuck it down, piss down, rain cats and dogs
- (travel very quickly): hurtle, rocket, shoot, speed, whizz
Elsewhere on the web