Visit the forum if you have a language query!
- A newly formed leaf or flower that has not yet unfolded.
- After a long, cold winter, the trees finally began to produce buds.
- (slang) Potent cannabis taken from the flowering part of the plant.
- Want to smoke some bud?
- A small rounded body in the process of splitting from an organism, which may grow into a genetically identical new organism.
- In this slide, you can see a yeast cell forming buds.
- (informal) Buddy.
- I like to hang out with my buds on Saturday night.
- A weaned calf in its first year, so called because the horns are then beginning to bud.
- See also Wikisaurus:friend
Third person singular
- To form buds.
- The trees are finally starting to bud.
- To reproduce by splitting off buds.
- Yeast reproduces by budding.
- budskab n
|Inflection for bud||Singular||Plural|
Elsewhere on the web