Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Go out and buy yourself a five-cent pencil and a ten-cent notebook and begin to write down some million-dollar ideas for yourself.Bob Grinde
to buff (third-person singular simple present -, present participle -, simple past and past participle -)
See also BUFF
- Rhymes: -ʌf
- Undyed leather from the skin of buffalo or similar animals.
- A tool, often one covered with buff leather, used for polishing.
- (color) A brownish yellow colour.
- A military coat made of buff leather.
- (informal) A person who is very interested in a particular subject.
- He’s a history buff.
- (gaming) An effect that makes a gaming character stronger.
- (gaming) debuff
Adjectivebuff (comparative er, superlative more)
- (color) Of the color of buff leather, a brownish yellow.
- (bodybuilding): Unusually muscular. (also buffed)
- The bouncer was a big, buff dude with tattoos, a shaved head, and a serious scowl.
- (slang) attractive.
Third person singular
- To polish and make shiny.
- (gaming) To make a character stronger.
- The enchanter buffed the paladin to prepare him to fight the dragon.
Elsewhere on the web