Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
To fall in love is easy, even to remain in it is not difficult; our human loneliness is cause enough. But is a hard quest worth making to find a comrade through whose steady presence one becomes steadily the person one desires to be.Anna Strong
- Hyphenation: bull·dog
- A breed of dog developed in England by the crossing of the bullbaiting dog and the Pug to produce a ladies companion dog. Having a very smooth coat, a flattened face, wrinkly cheeks, powerful front legs and smaller hind legs.
- A shortened form of British bulldog.
- A stubborn person.
- (breed of dog) English bulldog
breed of dog
the game British Bulldog See British bulldog
- 1971, Carol King and Gerry Goffin, “Smackwater Jack”, Tapestry, Ode Records
- Big Jim the Chief stood for law and order.... Now from his bulldog mouth... Came the cry, “We got to ride to clean up the streets...!”
Elsewhere on the web