Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
The ideas of economists and political philosophers, both when they are right and when they are wrong, are more powerful than is commonly understood. Indeed the world is ruled by little else. Practical men, who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influence, are usually the slaves of some defunct economist.John Maynard Keynes
- A projectile, usually of metal, shot from a gun at high speed.
- The ammunition for a sling or slingshot.
- (typography) A printed symbol in the form of a solid circle, •, often used for marking items in a list.
- (informal) An entire round of unfired ammunition for a firearm, including the projectile, the cartridge casing, the explosive charge, etc.
- (slang) One year of prison time
- (slang) An ace (the playing card).
printed symbol in the form of a solid circle
- Weisenberg, Michael (2000) The Official Dictionary of Poker. MGI/Mike Caro University. ISBN 978-1880069523
Elsewhere on the web