Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
The day will come when, after harnessing space, the winds, the tides, and gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, we shall have discovered fire.Pierre Teilhard De Chardin
- Rhymes: -ɜː(r)nə(r)
burner (plural: burners)
- An element on a kitchen stove that generates localized heat for cooking.
- Someone or something which burns.
- (chemistry) A device that generates localized heat for experiments; a bunsen burner.
- (computing) A device that allows data or music to be stored on a CDR or CDROM.
- A device for burning refuse; an incinerator
- A device that burns fuel; e.g. a diesel engine; a hot-air balloon's propulsion system.
- A person who has attended "Burning Man", and considers himself or herself to be a member of that community.
Elsewhere on the web