Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
For a crowd is not company; and faces are but a gallery of pictures; and talk but a tinkling cymbal, where there is no love.Francis Bacon
Adjectivebusy (comparative busier, superlative busiest)
- Doing a great deal; having a lot of things to do in the space of time given
- It has been a busy day.
- Engaged in another activity or by someone else.
- The director cannot see you now, he's busy.
- Her telephone has been busy all day.
- Having a lot going on; complicated or intricate.
- Flowers, stripes, and checks in the same fabric make for a busy pattern.
doing a great deal
Third person singular
- To make somebody busy, to keep busy with, to occupy, to make occupied.
- On my vacation I'll busy myself with gardening.
- To rush somebody.
Elsewhere on the web