Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Love is the extra effort we make in our dealings with those whom we do not like and once you understand that, you understand all. This idea that love overtakes you is nonsense. This is but a polite manifestation of sex. To love another you have to undertake some fragment of their destiny.Quentin Crisp
- A knob or disc that is passed through a slit (buttonhole) in the adjacent material, serving as a fastener.
- April fastened the buttons of her overcoat to keep out the wind.
- A mechanical device meant to be pressed with a finger in order to open or close an electric circuit or to activate a mechanism.
- Pat pushed the button marked "shred" on the blender.
- (graphical user interface) An on-screen control that can be selected as an activator of an attached function.
- Click the button that looks like a house to return to your browser's home page.
- (US) A badge worn on clothes, fixed with a pin through the fabric.
- The politician wore a bright yellow button with the slogan "Vote Smart" emblazoned on it.
- (botany) A bud.
- (slang) The clitoris.
- (curling) The center (bullseye) of the house.
- (fencing) The soft circular tip at the end of a foil.
- (poker) A plastic disk used to represent the person in last position in a poker game; also dealer's button.
- (poker) The player who is last to act, who possesses the button.
- bright as a button
- button pusher
- cute as a button
- eject button
- panic button
- power button
- push one's buttons
knob or small disc serving as a fastener
a mechanical device meant to be pressed with a finger
in computer software, an on-screen control that can be selected
a badge worn on clothes
botany: a bud
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
Third person singular
- (transitive) To fasten with a button.
to fasten with a button
Elsewhere on the web