Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that.Michael Leunig
Third person singular
- (transitive) To obtain (something) in exchange for money or goods
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) to accept as true; to believe
- I don't buy that idea.
- (obtain (something) in exchange for money): purchase
- (accept as true): accept, believe, swallow (informal), take on
to obtain for money
to accept as true
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- "buy" at The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911.
Elsewhere on the web