Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Love is the extra effort we make in our dealings with those whom we do not like and once you understand that, you understand all. This idea that love overtakes you is nonsense. This is but a polite manifestation of sex. To love another you have to undertake some fragment of their destiny.Quentin Crisp
- (chemistry) Any binary compound of carbon and a more electropositive element
- (chemistry) The polyatomic ion C22−, or any of its salts.
- (chemistry) The monatomic ion C4−, or any of its salts.
- (chemistry) A carbon-containing alloy or doping of a metal or semiconductor, such as steel.
- (chemistry) Tungsten carbide.
- (cycling) trivial name for calcium carbide (CaC2), used to produce acetylene in bicycle lamps in the early 1900s.
any binary compound of carbon and a more electropositive element
carbon-containing alloy or doping of a metal or semiconductor, such as steel
Elsewhere on the web