from Latin carbo
Wikipedia carbon (s)
- (uncountable) The chemical element (symbol C) with an atomic number of 6.
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) A sheet of carbon paper.
- Make sure the carbon is facing the second sheet of paper, before rolling it into the typewriter.
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) A carbon copy.
- A fossil fuel that is made of impure carbon such as coal or charcoal.
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) Carbon dioxide, in the context of global warming and climate change.
informal: a sheet of carbon paper
impure carbon (e.g., coal, charcoal)
ecology: carbon dioxide, in the context of global warming
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
For etymology and more information refer to:
(A lot of the translations were taken from that site with permission from the author)
Elsewhere on the web