Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Long is the road from conception to completion.Moliθre
- A fabric used as a complete floor covering.
- (figuratively) Any surface resembling a carpet.
- (vulgar) A woman's pubic hair.
- Rug and carpet are not ordinarily synonymous. A rug covers part of the floor; a carpet runs wall-to-wall.
Terms derived from "carpet"
A fabric used as a floor covering
Third person singular
- To lay carpet, or to have carpet installed, in an area.
- After the fire, they carpeted over the blackened hardwood flooring.
- The builders were carpeting in the living room when Zadie inspected her new house.
- (transitive) To substantially cover something; to blanket something.
- Popcorn and candy wrappers carpeted the floor of the cinema.
- (UK) To reprimand
to lay carpet
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
Elsewhere on the web