Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Love is the master key which opens the gates of happiness.Oliver Wendell Holmes
- (idiomatic) To continue or proceed as before.
- I'll be gone for a few days, but I hope you will carry on in my absence.
- To take baggage or luggage onto an airplane, rather than check it.
- You may only carry on items that are smaller than a certain size.
- (idiomatic) To have or maintain.
- It is difficult to carry on a conversation with so many distractions.
- (idiomatic) To act or behave; especially to act or behave so as to attract attention.
- I really wish you wouldn't carry on like that in public!
- (idiomatic) To have an illicit sexual liaison
To continue or proceed as before
To take baggage or luggage onto an airplane, rather than check it
To have or maintain
To act or behave
- carry-on (adjective)
Elsewhere on the web