Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Nobody gets to live life backward. Look ahead, that is where your future lies.Ann Landers
- (architecture) an ornamental figure, often on an oval shield
- (Egyptian hieroglyphics) an oval figure containing characters that represent the names of royal or divine people
- a paper cartridge
- 1887 — H. Rider Haggard, She, ch III
- Besides the uncial writing on the convex side of the sherd at the top, painted in dull red, on what had once been the lip of the amphora, was the cartouche already mentioned as being on the scarabaeus, which we had also found in the casket. The hieroglyphics or symbols, however, were reversed, just as though they had been pressed on wax.
- cartridge (explosive shell)
Elsewhere on the web