Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
To live is to go on a journey; to die is to come back home.Source Unknown
- From the Ancient Greek καταστροφή el(el), derived from the verb καταστρέφω, "to overturn", from κατά "down" + στρέφω "turn".
- Any large and disastrous event of great significance.
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) A disaster beyond expectations
- (narratology) The dramatic event that initiates the resolution of the plot in a tragedy.
- (mathematics) A type of bifurcation, where a system shifts between two stable states.
any large and disasterous event of great significance
disaster beyond expectations
Ancient Greek tragedies: the solution of the plot
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
Elsewhere on the web