Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
The ideas of a time are like the clothes of a season: they are as arbitrary, as much imposed by some superior will which is seldom explicit. They are utilitarian and political, the instruments of smooth-running government.Wyndham Lewis
- A group, often named or numbered, to which items are assigned based on similarity or defined criteria.
- This steep and dangerous climb belongs to the most difficult category.
- I wouldn't put this book in the same category as the author's first novel.
- (mathematics) A collection of objects, together with a transitively closed collection of composable arrows between them, such that every object has an identity arrow.
- One well-known category has sets as objects and functions as arrows.
collection in math
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
Elsewhere on the web