Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
A woman who could always love would never grow old; and the love of mother and wife would often give or preserve many charms if it were not too often combined with parental and conjugal anger. There remains in the face of women who are naturally serene and peaceful, and of those rendered so by religion, an after-spring, and later an after-summer, the reflex of their most beautiful bloom.Jean Paul Richter
From French ciel, heaven
- The upper limit of an object or action.
- price ceilings
- The plane or planes that bound the upper limit of a room.
- the dining room had an ornate ceiling
- (aviation) The highest altitude at which an aircraft may fly.
- (mathematics) The smallest integer greater than or equal to a given number.
- the ceiling of 4.5 is 5
highest portion of room
Elsewhere on the web