Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Go out and buy yourself a five-cent pencil and a ten-cent notebook and begin to write down some million-dollar ideas for yourself.Bob Grinde
|Rank of this word in the English language, from analyzing texts from Project Gutenberg.|
- A period of 100 consecutive years; often specifically a numbered period with conventional start and end dates, e.g., the twentieth century, which stretches from (strictly) 1901 through 2000, or (informally) 1900 through 1999. The first century AD was from 1 to 100.
- A unit in ancient Roman, originally of 100 army soldiers as part of a cohort, later of more varied sizes (but typically containing 60 to 70 or 80) soldiers or other men (guards, police, firemen), commanded by a centurion.
- A political division of ancient Rome, meeting in the Centuriate Assembly.
- (cricket) a hundred runs scored either by a single player in one innings, or by two players in a partnership.
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) A ride 100 miles in length.
- (Roman army unit) centuria
Roman army type unit
political division of Rome
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
- Breton: kantved m., kantvedoù
Elsewhere on the web