Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
True love means two seeds grow separately until they join in Matrimony forever.Source Unknown
to chalk (third-person singular simple present -, present participle -, simple past and past participle -)
- chaulk (Commonwealth)
- enPR: chôk
- (uncountable) A soft, white, powdery limestone.
- (countable) A piece of chalk, or, more often, processed compressed chalk, that is used for drawing and for writing on a blackboard.
- Tailor's chalk.
- (uncountable) (climbing) A white powdery substance used to prevent hands slipping from holds when climbing.
- (US),(military),(countable) A platoon-sized group of airborne soldiers
a soft, white, powdery limestone
a piece of chalk used for drawing and on a blackboard
… prevent from falling when climbing
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
Third person singular
- To apply chalk to anything, such as the tip of a billiards cue
- To record something, as on a blackboard, using chalk.
- To use powdered chalk to mark the lines on a playing field.
- (figuratively) To record a score or event, as if on a chalkboard.
Elsewhere on the web