Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
If only one could tell true love from false love as one can tell mushrooms from toadstools.Katherine Mansfield
- Of the chromatic sense (both nounal and adjectival) and of the caprine sense (in the singular):
- Of the caprine sense (in the plural):
- Of the chromatic sense (both nounal and adjectival) and of the sense concerning leather (in the singular):
- Of the sense concerning leather (in the plural):
- A short-horned goat-antelope native to mountainous terrain in southern Europe; Rupicapra rupicapra.
- (Usually as “chamois leather”) Soft pliable leather originally made from the skin of chamois (nowadays the hides of deer, sheep, and other species of goat are alternatively used).
- (color) The traditional colour of chamois leather.
Adjectivechamois (not comparable)
chamois m. (plural chamoiss)
Elsewhere on the web