Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
It is useless to send armies against ideas.George Brandes
See also Charity
- Christian love; representing God's love of man, man's love of God, or man's love of his fellow-men.
- In general, an attitude of kindness and understanding towards others, now especially suggesting generosity.
- Judge thyself with the judgment of sincerity, and thou will judge others with the judgment of charity. — John Mitchell Mason
- (uncountable) Benevolence to others less fortunate than ourselves; the providing of goods or money to those in need.
- (countable) The goods or money given to those in need.
- (countable) An organization the objects of which are to carry on a charitable purpose.
- (organization) charitable organization
providing of goods or money
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Elsewhere on the web