Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
What a man really wants is creative challenge with sufficient skills to bring him within the reach of success so that he may have the expanding joy of achievement.Fay B. Nash
chēnna (ch as in loch)
- already, before now
- Rinn e sin a cheana. He has done that already.
- Am fear e mharbh a mhàthair cheana, bheireadh e beò a nis i. He who killed his mother a little ago, would fain have her alive now.
- Tha e fuar cheana. It is cold indeed.
- The Illustrated Gaelic-English Dictionary (Birlinn Limited, 1901-1911, Compiled by Edward Dwelly)
- A Pronouncing and Etymological Dictionary of the Gaelic Language (John Grant, Edinburgh, 1925, Compiled by Malcolm MacLennan)
Elsewhere on the web