Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Formerly chesten nut, from Middle English chasteine, from Old French chastaigne, from [[w:Template:lang:la language|Template:lang:la]][[Category:Template:lang:la derivations]] castanea, from Ancient Greek καστάνεια (kastaneia).
- A tree or shrub of the genus Castanea.
- The nut of this tree or shrub.
- A dark, reddish-brown colour/color.
- A reddish-brown horse.
- The wood of a chestnut tree.
- (Often "old chestnut") A worn-out meme; a work so often repeated as to have grown tiresome.
- A part of a horse found on the inner leg, similar to a birthmark on a human.
- (tree): chestnut tree
tree See chestnut tree
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
- Korean: 밤 (bam)
Adjectivechestnut (not comparable)
Elsewhere on the web