Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Go out and buy yourself a five-cent pencil and a ten-cent notebook and begin to write down some million-dollar ideas for yourself.Bob Grinde
|Rank of this word in the English language, from analyzing texts from Project Gutenberg.|
- The ending -ren is cognate to Dutch -eren.
children pl. (irregular plural of child)
- More than one son or daughter, or none. Offspring.
- Do you have children?
- Yes, I have three children.
- No, I have no children.
- More than one young person, or none.
- There are no children absent from classes today
- Members of a tribe.
- The children of Israel
- (figuratively) Things or abstractions derived from or caused by something.
- Poverty, disease, and despair are the children of war.
- (more than one son or daughter): kids (people, goats), offspring, spawn (fish), litter (dogs, etc)
- (more than one young person): boys and girls, brats
- (members of a tribe): kinfolk, clan
- (figurative derivation): product
more than one son or daughter
Elsewhere on the web