Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Life is an uphill business for the guy who's not on the level.John Welsh
Adjectivechilly (comparative chillier, superlative chilliest)
- Cold enough to cause shivering; or suddenly feeling cold
- I'm getting rather chilly over here - could you shut the window please?
- Unfriendly or distant and cool
- She gave me a chilly look when I suggested it
- (ultimate frisbee) calm and focused (with -o(ffense) or -d(efense))
- see WikiSaurus:cold
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
- "chilly" at The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911.
Elsewhere on the web