Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
It is the paradox of life that the way to miss pleasure is to seek it first. The very first condition of lasting happiness is that a life should be full of purpose, aiming at something outside self.Hugo Black
Third person singular
- To elect.
- He was chosen as president in 1990
- To pick.
- I chose a nice, ripe apple from the bowl.
- To decide to act in a certain way.
- I chose to walk to work today.
to decide to act in a certain way
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- "choose" at The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911.
Elsewhere on the web