Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Life at the greatest and best is but a froward child, that must be humored and coaxed a little till it falls asleep, and then all the care is over.Oliver Goldsmith
Adjectivechubby (comparative chubbier, superlative chubbiest)
- Of a person, slightly overweight, somewhat fat.
- It was obvious that the chubby child was eating too much.
- Of a part of the body, containing a moderate amount of fat.
- It's quite normal for healthy babies to have chubby cheeks.
of a person, somewhat fat
Translations to be checked
These had been moved to the noun section; presumably they translate the first adjective sense.
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) A chubby person, especially a gay man.
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) An erection of the penis.
- Hey, Lucius, I just wanted to share a piece of personal information with you. I've got a... a chubby right now because [starts creaming] This is one of the most awesome experiences of my life!—Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby
Elsewhere on the web