Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Life's greatest happiness is to be convinced we are loved.Victor Hugo
- Rhymes: -eɪʃǝn
- An official summons or notice given to a person to appear; the paper containing such summons or notice.
- The act of citing a passage from a book, or from another person, in his own words.
- The passage or words quoted; quotation.
- Enumeration; mention; as, a citation of facts.
- A reference to decided cases, or books of authority, to prove a point in law.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
citation f. (plural citations)
Elsewhere on the web