Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Life is a succession of lessons enforced by immediate reward, or, oftener, by immediate chastisement.Ernest Dimnet
- A person that is a legally recognized as a member of a state, with associated rights and obligations.
- When the rebellion broke out, the United States promptly evacuated its citizens from the area.
- (dated) A member of a state that is not a monarchy; used as antonym to subject.
- A person that is a legally recognized resident of a city or town.
- A resident of any particular place to which the subject feels to belong.
- Citizen of the World: The Life of Pierre Elliott Trudeau - a book written of the former Canadian prime minister by John English, 2007.
- A civilian, as opposed to a soldier, police officer etc.
legal member of a state
antonym to "subject"
legal resident of a city
resident of any particular place
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
Elsewhere on the web