Visit the forum if you have a language query!
- The hollow or separation between a woman's breasts, especially as revealed by a low neckline.
- The act of cleaving or the state of being cleft.
- (mineralogy) The tendency of a crystal to split along specific planes.
- (chemistry) The splitting of a large molecule into smaller ones.
- (biology) The repeated division of a cell into daughter cells after mitosis.
In Winston's Dictionary (Philadelphia: The John C. Winston Company, 1931), only definitions #2 and #3 above were given. Today, however, with the increasingly open discussion of sexually-related subjects, definition #1 would undoubtedly be the best known to most English speakers.
separation between breasts
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Elsewhere on the web