Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Do you want my one-word secret of happiness—It's growth—mental, financial, you name it.Harold S. Geneen
- Rhymes: -ɒzɪt
- (chiefly Template loop detected: Template:context 2) A piece of furniture or a cabinet in which clothes or household supplies may be stored.
- A small private chamber.
- A toilet; a water closet.
- (figuratively) The imagined closet in idioms such as in the closet or skeleton in the closet
- The 'closet' can be a scary place for a gay teenager.
- (informal, Template loop detected: Template:context 1) Secretly.
- He's a closet Republican: he voted for Bush, but won't say so if you ask him.
- closet oneself
- come out of the closet
- earth closet
- in the closet
- skeleton in the closet
- water closet
Elsewhere on the web