Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
It is difficult to lay aside a confirmed passion.Catullus
- A group or bunch of several discrete items that are close to each other.
- A cluster of flowers grew in the pot.
- (astronomy) A group of galaxies or stars that appear near each other.
- The Pleiades cluster contains seven bright stars.
- (music) A chord of three or more notes.
- (phonetics) A group of consonants.
- The word "scrub" begins with a cluster of three consonants.
- (computing) A group of computers that work together.
- (statistics) A significant subset within a population.
- (military) Set of bombs or mines.
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) A small metal design that indicates that a medal has been awarded to the same person before.
group or bunch of something
group of galaxies or stars
group of consonants
significant subset within a population
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
Third person singular
- (intransitive) To form into a cluster.
- The children clustered together around the puppy.
Form into a cluster
Elsewhere on the web