Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
I love you, not for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you.Roy Croft
- (UK) enPR: kô(r)s, IPA: /kɔː(ɹ)s/, SAMPA: /kO:(r)s/
- Rhymes: -ɔː(r)s
- (US) enPR: kô(r)s, IPA: /kɔː(ɹ)s/, /koʊɹs/, SAMPA: /KO:(r)s/, koUrs/
- Homophones: course
Adjectivecoarse (comparative coarser, superlative coarsest)
- Composed of large parts or particles; of inferior quality or appearance; not fine in material or close in texture.
- Not refined.
- coarse manners
- coarse language
- (of inferior quality): thick, rough, sharp, hard
- (not refined): rough, rude, uncouth, blunt, unpolished, inelegant, indelicate, vulgar, gritty
- (of inferior quality): fine
of inferior quality
Elsewhere on the web