Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
People creep into childhood, bound into youth, sober in adulthood, and soften into old age.Henry Giles
- (countable) An outer garment covering the upper torso and arms.
- (countable) A covering of material, such as paint.
- (countable) The fur or feathers of animal.
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) canvas painted with thick tar and secured round a mast or bowsprit to prevent water running down the sides into the hold (now made of rubber or leather)
outer garment covering the upper torso and arms
covering of material, such as paint
fur or feathers
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Third person singular
- To cover with a coat of some material
- One can buy coated frying pans, which are much easier to wash up than normal ones.
- To cover as a coat.
to cover with a coat of some material
Elsewhere on the web