Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
An idea is a putting truth in check-mate.Jose Ortega Y Gasset
- A male swan.
- The portion of a corn plant around which the kernels grow.
- a round loaf of bread; a small (4" diameter), round piece of crusty bread (in the English Midlands)
- short for cobnut
- short for cobble or cobblestone
- mud used as a building material, placed then dried. Also called rammed earth or pisé.
- a horse having a stout body and short legs
A male swan
a spherical shaped loaf of bread; a bread roll
short for cobnut
short for cobble or cobblestone
mud used as a building material, placed then dried
a horse having a stout body and short legs
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Third person singular
- To cut, trim or break into blocks of a convenient size.
- To construct using mud blocks or to seal a wall using mud or an artificial equivalent.
- (possibly colloquial, N UK) to throw, chuck, lob
Elsewhere on the web