Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy.Guillaume Apollinaire
- (Christianity) The prayer said before the reading of the epistle lesson, especially one found in a prayerbook, as with the Book of Common Prayer.
- He used the day's collect as the basis of his sermon.
Third person singular
- To gather together; amass items.
- Suzanne collected all the papers she had laid out.
- To get; particularly, get from someone.
- A bank collects a monthly payment on a client's new car loan.
- A mortgage company collects a monthly payment on a house.
- To accumulate similar items or items belonging to a particular theme, particularly for a hobby or recreation.
- John Henry collects stamps.
to gather together
to get from someone
to accumulate items for a hobby
Terms related to the noun or verb "collect"
Elsewhere on the web