Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Happiness is not a goal, it is a by-product.Eleanor Roosevelt
Adjectivecollective (not comparable)
- Formed by gathering or collecting; gathered into a mass, sum, or body; congregated or aggregated; as, the collective body of a nation.
- (obsolete): Deducing consequences; reasoning; inferring.
- (grammar): Expressing a collection or aggregate of individuals, by a singular form; as, a collective name or noun, like assembly, army, jury, etc.
- Tending to collect; forming a collection.
- Local is his throne . . . to fix a point, A central point, collective of his sons. -Young.
- Having plurality of origin or authority; as, in diplomacy, a note signed by the representatives of several governments is called a collective note.
- Hebrew: שתופי (he) (shitûphi)
- collective fruit (Botany), that which is formed from a mass of flowers, as the mulberry, pineapple, and the like; -- called also multiple fruit.
- feminine form of collectif
- Après une belle action collective, l'équipe a enfin marqué un but.
Elsewhere on the web