Visit the forum if you have a language query!
English collect< Middle English collecten< [[w:Template:lang:la language|Template:lang:la]][[Category:Template:lang:la derivations]] colligere ("to gather together", past participle collectus)< com- (together) + legare (to choose)< Proto-Indo-European *leg- (“‘to pick out, select’”) (Watkins, 1969)
- enPR: kō-lĕk'tûr or kə-lĕk'tûr or kə-lĕk'tər
- A person or thing which collects, or which creates or manages a collection.
- He is an avid collector of nineteenth-century postage stamps.
- That old piano is just a big dust collector.
- A person who is employed to collect payments.
- She works for the government as a tax collector.
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) The amplified terminal on a bipolar junction transistor.
Elsewhere on the web