Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Happiness is not a goal, it is a by-product.Eleanor Roosevelt
See also Collier
- A person in the business or occupation of producing (digging or mining coal or making charcoal) or in its transporting or commerce.
- 1957: For this reason, the collier took constant care to keep the covering of earth in good order. — H.R. Schubert, History of the British Iron and Steel Industry, p. 224.
- (nautical) A vessel carrying a bulk cargo of coal
- a nickname used by the traveller community, referring to a non-traveller
- Webster's Seventh New Collegiate Dictionary, Springfield, Massachusetts, G.&C. Merriam Co., 1967
- Nouveau Petit Larousse illustré. Dictionnaire encyclopédique. Paris, Librairie Larousse, 1952, 146th edition
collier m. inv.
Elsewhere on the web