Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
It is the paradox of life that the way to miss pleasure is to seek it first. The very first condition of lasting happiness is that a life should be full of purpose, aiming at something outside self.Hugo Black
- coulter (mostly Commonwealth)
- A knife or cutter, attached to the beam of a plow to cut the sward, in advance of the plowshare and moldboard.
- The part of a seed drill that makes the furrow for the seed.
- (Can we verify(+) this sense?) One who cares for or tends to colts [young horses] or other young animals.
- Chambers's Etymological Dictionary, 1896, p. 82
Elsewhere on the web