Visit the forum if you have a language query!
- A statement or sometimes action reflecting sexual or relational interest.
- I was minding my own business, and then he gives me a come on.
Third person singular
- (intransitive) To show sexual or relational interest through words or sometimes actions
- He started coming on to me as soon as my husband left the room.
- (intransitive) To progress, to develop
- The new garden is coming on nicely.
- (intransitive, Template loop detected: Template:context 1) To get one's period, start menstruating.
- Typical. I'm due to come on just after we go on holiday.
- (transitive) To encounter, discover; to come upon.
- Turning the corner, I came on Julia sitting by the riverbank.
- An expression of encouragement.
- Come on, George! You can win!
- An expression of disbelief.
- Come on! You can't possibly expect me to believe that.
- Synonym: come off it
- hurry up
Elsewhere on the web