Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
The ideas of economists and political philosophers, both when they are right and when they are wrong, are more powerful than is commonly understood. Indeed the world is ruled by little else. Practical men, who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influence, are usually the slaves of some defunct economist.John Maynard Keynes
- The act or an instance of committing, putting in charge, keeping, or trust, especially:
- Promise or agreement to do something in the future, especially:
- Assuming a financial obligation at a future date
- Being bound emotionally/intellectually to a course of action or to another person/other persons.
- Perpetration, in a negative manner, as in a crime or mistake.
- State of being pledged or engaged.
- The trait of sincerity and focused purpose.
- The act of being locked away, such as in an institution for the mentally ill or jail.
Act or instance of committing, putting in charge, keeping, or trust
Promise or agreement to do something in the future
Being bound emotionally/intellectually to course of action or to others
Perpetration, in negative manner, as in crime or mistake
State of being pledged or engaged
Trait of sincerity and focused purpose
The act of being locked away
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
Elsewhere on the web